1. Know your portions. Following a low sugar diet requires some diligence in knowing how much you should be eating. In general, most people should consume 2 fruits (or 2 cups) and at least 3 cups of veggies per day. On average 1 serving of fruit contains 15 grams of sugar. Ideally, try to space out your servings so that you aren’t getting a big sugar rush all at once. (Information from My Fitness Pal )
2. This is me after I walked one day last week. I have a lame leg, but it was improving until I channeled my 14 year old self while walking at the high school gym one morning. The 44 year old self jogged around twice. Once might have been ok, but twice not so much. My lame leg (outter left side) was quite tender after and into the next day. BUT I still went and walked anyway, just alittle slower.
3. I’m logging my food on My Fitness Pal. I like it. It syncs to my Fitbit site/app. With it and my dear friend C and daughters aide, I am staying on course! 🙂 YAY for helpers in this journey!
4. My newest love of food. Cooked broccoli and fruit salad. Also, I have decided I am more of cooked veggie kinda gal than raw veggie kinda gal. My hubs is opposite….. OF COURSE!
5. On Sunday January 11th I began this little challenge my oldest daughter asked me to particpate in with her. I’m on day 4 and to be honest, it’s going pretty well. I’m trying to keep busy and not focus on what I CAN’T have!
6. I decided to name my Fitbit One. I’m going with the name Myrtle. Yea I know it’s old fashioned but when I was trying to get my mind off my leg hurting while walking this week I came up with it. So, Myrtle it is folks!
7. It’s suppose to warm up on Friday! SO excited for that! I am grateful for the warm gym with no wind to walk in, but it is small distance and repetative. Changing it up by walking outside would be a great thing this week!