2/15/15 – Sunday! My day has been literally sitting on my rear and the only time I got up was to go the bathroom basically. Which time I would find my way through the kitchen for some mindless eating. I think I’ve ate more chocolate and sweets than I have in a long time! UGH. I told myself after yesterday I would start fresh. Failure, but I’m not staying here. I’m heading into a new day tomorrow and it will be walking and entering food intake and calorie watching. I’ve got to move move! Or my body will respond in ways I don’t like! Right folks?
2/16/15 – Monday! I woke up feeling bloated and yucky. Yep the poor choices I made most of the weekend showed up Monday morning! BUT I gathered my walking gear and my youngest daughter because she was out of school and we headed to walk! Inside of course because it was lovely 16 degrees and a bit of snow on the ground. She was great she walked with me a few laps, then played, then ran laps, then played, then ran. I did not run, I walked… quickly. 🙂 It was fun to have her with me there! Making good food choices this day!
That’s how I started this post a couple of days ago. Today, Wednesday I am feeling I am coming down mentally on this healthy journey. The adrenaline of starting something new has dwindled and honestly February has been hard. Too many temptations before me. My goal is to get through this month steady. Now that I have done this, I am going to list some positives! That’s what we need right?
- Weekly weigh-in was a loss of something, not a gain.
- I like cooked fresh veggies and that’s a plus to load up my plates with.
- My newest salad creation includes dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and garlic pepper dried onions.
- My favorite way to have chicken breast is marinated in Italian dressing than grilled. Place that with that new salad and YUMMY!
- I sleep better since walking every day.
- My accountability partner gets me through when I’m wanting to slack off. THANK YOU!
- My Fitness Pal – it’s my other accountability partner and it’s good.
- Slow weight loss is better than fast any day.
- My mental state is 100% better since starting this healthy journey, just ask my husband and youngest daughter!
- I don’t have to go without, I get to eat in moderation, I just need to get a handle on it. I’m better than I was!
- Writing this weekly post gives me a clear picture of where I have been in this journey and I am grateful I can do that!
- My Fitbit is my best accessory these days! 🙂
Grace is a gift,
If you are looking for a post on Ash Wednesday, check out this one I wrote last year!