Tuesday was one of those days when I was happy all day long. I know I am supposed to be happy and content with life but let’s face it, I’m not. I just enjoyed Tuesday so very much I wanted to share on here! From spending time with friends playing, to devotion on the porch with the kiddo, to watching her blow bubbles for the dog, or then there was just visiting with my spouse for a while. It was a good day my friends.
I wish I could bottle that and just keep it for those less than stellar days! I am documenting our #pvjv15summer. My plan is to take at least one photo each day of summer, then share at the end of the summer. I also plan to make a photo scrapbook of them. So far we have remembered to take at least one photo a day! 🙂
Sitting in the evening sun on this Tuesday evening while I did some embroidery was a perfect ending to the day. I would stop and just soak in the goodness around me. The life that God brought me to and through has been one remarkable ride. I am grateful for the small and big things that bring me and my family joy.
This post was more about me documenting this day for myself. It may not be inspirational or motivating, but to me it will mean a lot when I read through it later. Thanks for allowing me to share the good and less than good days with you.
Grace is a gift,
I figured the title would catch the attention of some folks that don’t normally read my blog or that are super curious about what it is I’m addicted to. Some are probably guessing food, which yes by looking at my exterior might be true, but that’s not the topic today!
Hello my name is Julie and I’m addicted to……… are you ready?????
I know. It’s not a common addiction but seriously I think I may need an intervention soon. (Please tell me you are laughing, I am as I write this.)
But seriously, I find myself getting an adrenaline rush when I am beginning and ending a project. I find myself thrilled when choosing colors and shopping for patterns! Watch out people don’t get in my way when you see me at the store!
My hands may ache and I have to use some biofreeze periodically to ease the sore muscles at the end of the night before bed but it doesn’t matter. I am back at it the next day folks!
My favorite spot to embroider is on my front porch. On a beautiful, somewhat calm day, with the birds chirping it’s the best! It just takes all the tightness and worry from my body. I plan to give them as gifts and possibly sell some at a craft fair in the future.
Here’s the kicker. I’d rather be embroidering than on the computer. I KNOW! Crazy isn’t it? That is how I know that I’m addicted. So if my posts get shorter and less frequent you probably know what’s up with me.
I have succumbed to the embroidery!
And now, my youngest has started stitching too! Yikes! 🙂
Grace is a gift,
The fun starts here! You get the opportunity to share with me for once! Here are ten random questions for you! Feel free to comment here or on social media where I share this post! I will enjoy going over them and learning some about you! Come on! Join the fun!
Grace is a gift,
- What is your favorite season and why?
- If you could have one entire day to do anything you wanted what would you choose? Describe it.
- What fruit would you choose from this group? pomegranate, kiwi, blackberry
- Would you rather live in the city or country?
- Have you ever made a mudpie?
- How many times a week do you eat out?
- What was your favorite childhood game?
- What is the 10th photo on your smart phone, cell phone, ipad, tablet, or ipod of? Describe.
- What is one place you would like to visit at least once in your life?
- What is your favorite summer time apparel or accessory item you can’t live without?
Ok, here are my answers!
- This one is hard for me. I’m going with Fall. The reason is because I know that Winter is soon coming and the farm work will slow down. I love Spring too, although the farming kicks back into gear!
- Spending time with my husband, just the two of us taking a road trip. Me letting him lead and go where ever he took us.
- Yes, as a child. I should put that on my summer list of to do’s with our youngest! 🙂
- 1-2 Less than I used to.
- Hide and Seek
- Case IH combine, my husband was moving it and giving our daughter a ride.
- Vermont in the fall.
- Capri’s. They cover up enough of me and yet I still can feel cool! 🙂